The Cambridge Arts Council is dedicated to organizing, sponsoring, and supporting performances and presentations of various forms of art and to develop appreciation and understanding of the arts in our community through arts education projects.
The Cambridge Arts Council's Special Projects Funding awards grants to artists (in the broadest sense) and art organizations that want to bring something to the local community. This includes workshops, performances and projects that are presented in Cambridge. We would like to encourage & support your ideas and talents.
Click the link below to download the grant application
Eligibility and Rules:
- An announcement about CAC Project Funding will be issued at the beginning of each quarter and distributed to members, community partners, email distribution lists, FPF, FB and on our website.
- Project Funding Proposals will be reviewed quarterly and, ideally, at the Board of Director’s meeting in the middle month of the quarter: January, April, July, and October. This will allow time for applicants to time proposals according to our funding schedule. Deadline for submissions is 1/1, 4/1, 7/1, and 10/1. Awards will be distributed by end of funding month (1/30, 4/30, 7/31, 10/31).
- We will monitor the budgeted funding in each quarter and award funds based on projected availability as the year progresses.
- Awards will be made to performers, artists or non-profit organizations.
- Performers, artists, and organizations are eligible to be funded once per calendar year.
- Suggested criteria for awards:
- Benefit to the Cambridge/Jeffersonville community
- Need, matching funds, other support
- Partnership/collaboration potential
- Return on investment (marketing/visibility)
- A press release and/or media coverage of the event should be created prior to and following the event with mention of CAC sponsorship. When appropriate, a CAC banner should be displayed at the event.
CAC requests that Grantees send us a report (~ 300 words) / feedback after the event. It should include a summary of the event, attendance info & 2-3 photos.